Box PCs - Newsletter
Box-PCs with Atom, Core 2 Duo and Core i5/i7. Now with Windows Embedded Standard 7
Whereas previously it was mostly 19" rack systems that were used, nowadays small box PCs without a fan are more often than not the right solution. Less-demanding performance requirements can be fulfilled with the Intel Atom processor. However, if increased performance is necessary, very powerful box PCs with Core2Duo or Intel's new 32nm architecture Core i5/i7 are available.
Areas of application involving high CPU requirements can be covered using these embedded computers. Medical evaluations, automation or video surveillance – these box PCs satisfy even the highest performance requirements. Of course, these computers also feature the usual advantages offered by our products, such as for example:
- Long term availability and EOL management.
- Components designed for continuous (24/7) operation.
- Ambient temperature of -5 to +55 °C.
The energy-efficient NISE 2000 series
- Energy-saving Intel ATOM processor.
- Expandable thanks to 2x PCI slots.
- 2x LAN, therefore good for network applications.
- Outward-facing CF slot makes faster software updates possible.
- Compact, lightweight aluminium case.
NISE 3140 - the all-rounder
- From Celeron to Core2Duo with up to 2.53 GHz speed.
- Up to 4 GB RAM. Faster than the competition thanks to DDR3.
- Dual display applications possible thanks to VGA and DVI.
- Expandable by 2x PCI or PCIe (1x).
- 4 serial interfaces.
- Optional RAID 0/1 and medical certification (EN60601).
Pure computing power - the NISE 3500 series
- 32nm Core i5/i7 processor up to 2.66 GHz.
- Latest technologies such as Intel Turbo Boost and Hyper-Threading integrated.
- Large number of I/Os: HDMI, 2x eSata, 4x serial, 2x Gbit LAN und PCI.
- IEEE1394b for connecting industrial video cameras, for example.
- Medical certification.
Windows Embedded Standard 7
In combination with Windows Embedded Standard 7, box PCs represent an ideal total package for industrial applications. The successor of Windows XP Embedded offers greatly simplified configuration and installation, without having to do without the old features of the Embedded series. So, apart from such technical features as FBWF, you also get great cost advantages in comparison with conventional Windows licences.